Skip to Content

Teenager Suffered Horrific Allergic Reaction To Hair Dye While Tinting Her Eyebrows

Cosmetics are a huge industry, in 2014, the global Cosmetic market was $460 billion – and it is rising.

In Australia, 16-year-old Tylah Durie takes pride in her looks – just like most teenagers do.

She wanted to tint her eyebrows and lashes.

So, she bought some hair dye at a local drug store and went home to get it done.

Unfortunately, in her excitement to change her looks, she didn’t know that the chemicals in the hair dye were not supposed to be applied to close to her eyes.

The chemical p-Phenylenediamine (or PPD) is commonly used in coloring agents or in henna.

It is always a good idea to test the product on a small patch of skin first to make sure you are not allergic.

Tylah didn’t test the product, and in the morning, her entire face was swollen.

teen swollen face

Image Credit: N/A

She shared her story so that other people are aware of the dangers.

Tylah said her eyes were so swollen that she could hardly open them.

She shared that her eyes felt like someone had thrown sand in them.

The chemicals in the hair dye had burned her skin.

Thankfully, Tylah was able to get a prescription ointment to reduce the swelling.

Young girls need to be proud of their bodies and faces as they are.

No one needs that much makeup to be beautiful.

We are all beautiful in our own way.

Please share this with anyone in your life that uses hair dye.

The package instructions should be followed carefully to avoid unwanted reactions.

Share away, people.