Drugs are invented by science, but they aren’t perfect – we may be allergic to a certain pill and be seemingly cured by another. The following story surrounds a drug called Ibuprofen, commonly used to relieve headaches and back pain.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, a mother named Hayley Lyons gave a few to her son, Lewis, who was down with chicken pox after they visited the local doctor.
He was fine, initially.
Till the drug showed nasty side-effects.
Lewis’s condition grew worse, and painful. He had developed sepsis as a result.
Alarmed, Hayley quickly took Lewis off the drugs and the pain slowly subsided.