In an emergency situation, we can call on paramedics to rush to the scene and assist. You hope and expect that when the paramedics arrive, they will do everything in their power to save a life. Sadly, this isn’t always the case. Beatrice Lovane, 22, was living with an undiagnosed liver condition and was taking co-codamol tablets to control her stomach pain.
When she fell ill after taking some of the medication, her mother, Maria Lovane called an ambulance and was horrified by their response.
The call was made in March 2017, and the ambulance that responded was from North West Ambulance Service in Rochdale, Greater Manchester. When the paramedics arrived, Beatrice was lying on the floor of a filthy hallway covered in her own vomit and bodily fluids.