The cleanliness of a bathroom is very important.
It keeps germs at bay while fostering a calming, soothing environment.
But cleaning and washing all the surfaces in your bathroom can be a tedious task, and there are still more microorganisms and stains that you may not have cleaned sufficiently!
Plus, there’s a lot to clean: sinks, the toilet, your shower or tub, the floor, and so on.
Many dangerous and potentially life-threatening microorganisms can live and thrive in dirty bathrooms.
The infamous Staphylococcus aureus bacteria, simply known by most as “staph”, is among them – including the MRSA strain, which is resistant to antibiotics and very difficult to treat.
To be infected by any of these viruses and germs would be absolutely horrible, which is why keeping a bathroom clean is so crucial.
Plenty of cleaning products that you can find in shops will, of course, do this job just fine. But while they kill microorganisms, they also slowly harm you.
The chemicals used in these products can be drying and bad for your skin, and inhaling the “fumes” from them can lead to poor respiratory function.
Studies have actually found that people who use commercial cleaning products regularly wind up with lungs in the same condition as people who smoke a 20-pack of cigarettes every day for many years.
It makes sense that, knowing this, you’d want to find any alternative possible to the standard bathroom products.
Luckily, there’s an easy-to-use DIY method that many people swear by, and it uses items you might already have at home.
It gets rid of all sorts of stains, scum, and soap residue from showers and tubs, and it takes mere minutes to whip up.
The mix of hard water with standard products can make it very difficult to remove stubborn residue that just won’t budge.
But with the right homemade tools, you’ll have a solution that cleans it all off effortlessly.
To make this, you will need:
- One and a half cups of dishwashing liquid (we recommend blue Dawn!)
- One and a half cups of white vinegar
- One spray bottle of your choice
Here’s how to make your cleaner!
- Carefully place your vinegar inside a microwave. Heat it up until it is nice and hot.
- Pour the hot vinegar into your chosen spray bottle.
- Pour your dishwashing liquid into the spray bottle.
- Put on the lid for the bottle and shake in a gentle manner. Continue to shake until the dishwashing liquid and vinegar are mixed together well.
- Now, spray the mix wherever you want to clean. Make sure you’re applying generously.
- Leave the mix for half an hour.
- Rinse off with water, or scrub down.
- It’s a good idea to open your windows or wear a mask when using this mixture, as it has a very strong smell!
Does it work?
Lots of people have tried this solution and found that it works wonders! It’s been reviewed many times and there are tons of success stories.
So what are you waiting for? Give it a try!