Life can change in the blink of an eye. Erika Poremski, from Baltimore, can attest to that statement. On August 14, 2016, Erika had just stepped out to grab something from her car when a fire broke out. There had been a power outage, and the candle Erika had lit is believed to be the cause of the blaze.
Erika’s 8-month-old daughter Viviana was still inside! Erika tried to get back in, but the fire was too much.
Erika suffered severe burns on her face and hands trying to get into the house. Several neighbors tried to get in too but had no luck.