Man Nearly Dies After Eating Some Cherries – And Now Officials Are Issuing Serious Warning

Image Credit: geobeats / YouTube

Matthew Creme from Lancashire decided to crack open three cherry pits and eat them – which proved to be a very bad idea! Soon after eating the cherry pits, Creme called emergency serviced, and he was rushed to the hospital. Seeds and pits of some fruits contain something called amygdalin which your body will convert into cyanide!

The Amygdalin will not harm you if it stays inside the pit – but if you break the cherry pit open you could get cyanide poisoning. Symptoms include dizziness, rapid heart rate, nausea, and convulsions. Creme is not calling for a warning to be put on the packages. He said he did it out of curiosity – and we all know what curiosity did to the cat!

Take a look at this video

If they warn you that the liquid in a coffee cup may be hot, maybe we should have warnings on fruit that tell us not to eat the seeds. Share away, people.